Please select one of the options below to download Torchlight.
The Torchlight demo is available for free from any of our mirror sites below. The demo is a two hour trial, after which you can choose to purchase a key and enter it into the demo to unlock it and continue playing!
Patches and Updates – Torchlightgame.com
Current Version of Torchlight: 1.15a
md5 hash of installer: 91307C1DBC7C004C1A78B08521ABD04E
For more information about md5 hash verification, please see this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Md5sum
Download Mirrors: (NOTE: these downloads are for customers who purchased from Torchlightgame.com ONLY)
Patch 1.15 includes 5 new challenge room maps to test your bravery and wit! New players can now obtain these maps as rewards for completing various quests from Vasman in Torchlight. New challenges await in the Tomb of the Awakened, Estherian Ruins, Dwarven Fortress, Molten Prison, and Black Palace.
- Root Golem Fire Breath now deals damage
- Ember Bolt had a bad value in higher levels
- Zealot lightning bolt now does damage
- Gem effects accumulating when recovering from socketed items
- Sushi Helm Recipe fix
- Added Blind Effect for modders
- New Unittype of Bossmap for modders
- Multiple spelling fixes
- Fixed a few spots where floor tiles where missing or had the wrong collision set
- Fixed various locations where monsters were getting stuck in some levels
- Limited Multi-language support added for modders ( tool coming )
- You can now attach layouts to items – for modders
- You can now have up to 50 waypoints – for modders
- Scale effect can now be permanent – for modders Soul Rend magic damage scales with strength and magic 50%, 50%
- Doom Quake, Titan Stomp dmg scales with strength 50%
- Needle Arc dot damage scales with strength and dex 100%, 100%
- Ember Lightning additionally deals 20% of weapon damage on the first chain
- Magic Weapon expertise passive does not interact strangely with other passives around level 9
- Shock Trap now scales with ranks.
- Flame Trap and Shock Trap now scale with pet mastery.
- Ember Lance no longer stops passive buffs
- Option in Settings file to turn off Steam Cloud added
- Settings broke into 2 files. LocalSettings and settings
- Fixed rare teleport crash
- Fix for input latency on low FPS for skills; hotbar skills and items
- Alric Achievement now works on steam
- Fixed XP not being removed correctly after death if choosing to respond at the level start
- Passive skills now adhere to equipment requirement
- Fixed rare case when triggers wouldn’t fire correctly
- Texture overrides fixed in paper doll view
- Fixed issue with some looping skills
- Masteries now properly apply to elemental effects
Patches and Updates – Partners
If you have purchased Torchlight from one of our partners, support and updates are handled by their support team. Please contact them for any billing and key related questions you have regarding Torchlight. Runic Games cannot assist with billing and key related questions if you have purchased from one of our partners.
- Perfect World
Patches and updates available on http://torchlight.perfectworld.com. The latest Perfect World patch is available here.
Steam updates are automatically downloaded through the Steam client when you launch Torchlight.
- EncoreUSA (Digital River)
Updates for EncoreUSA are available from http://torchlight.encoreusa.com/updates/
Updates for GamersGate are available from GamersGate “My Games” page (available after logging with your GamersGate account.
Download the latest version from the GameWare.at Torchlight Page.
Updates are available from the WildTangent Torchlight Page or via the WildTangent Game Console.
Download your patch using the Direct2Drive auto-updater or from the Direct2Drive Torchlight Page.
- GameStop Digital Download
Download the v1.15 patch here: GameStop Digital Download v1.15 Patch (Direct Download).
Patches and Updates – Physical Retail Disc Version
There are two versions of the retail boxed version of Torchlight available, the US version and the International version. If your box has ENCORE logo on the bottom of the edge and on the DVD label, then you have the US version. If your box has JOWOOD logo on it and on the DVD label, you have the International version.
If you purchased the US ENCORE DVD:
If you have purchased the physical boxed copy of Torchlight from an online or physical retail location, your patches and updates are located on the Encore Patches and Updates page. Please make sure you are downloading the patch for the physical box version of Torchlight, not the digital download version.
Encore Retail Patches and Updates
If you purchased the INTERNATIONAL JOWOOD DVD:
Torchlight v1.15 Hotfix (German Only) – This hotfix is for the German Retail version of Torchlight only. For more information, please see the JoWood Forum post regarding this hotfix (in German).